Conor McGregor made headlines in April for his alleged role in the infamous UFC 223 bus attack in Brooklyn.
He took the UFC world by storm when he reportedly interrupted a press event at Barclays Center ahead of UFC 223, leaving many wondering about his future and forcing the UFC to cancel three fights after Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were injured in the melee.
There was a lot that happened in a short amount of time, but we’ve recapped the details leading up to his second court appearance.
Here’s what you need to know:
When is Conor McGregor due in court next?
He is due in Brooklyn Criminal Court in New York, on Thursday, June 14.
What has Conor McGregor been charged with in his court case in Brooklyn, N.Y.?
Conor McGregor has been charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of felony criminal mischief.
How much was Conor McGregor’s bail?
Conor McGregor posted $50,000 bail and was allowed to travel out of the country before returning for his court date.
Why was Conor McGregor arrested?
During the UFC 223 media day session on April 6, Conor McGregor, Cian Cowley and a host of other teammates allegedly stormed the Barclays Center searching for current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. The entourage went to the loading dock area and targeted a vehicle carrying rival fighters who were scheduled to fight the following day.
Various videos appear to show the group throwing large metal objects at the bus, including a barricade and dollies. McGregor eventually turned himself in to NYPD.
Why did Conor McGregor attack the bus?
One speculated reason behind Conor McGregor’s rampage is UFC president Dana White’s decision to strip him of the lightweight title. Because McGregor has been away from MMA since 2016, White decided the fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Max Holloway would determine the new lightweight champion.
What did Conor McGregor’s bus fight look like?
The UFC released video documenting Conor McGregor’s meltdown. Take a look:
WARNING: Video contains NSFW language.
Will the UFC suspend Conor McGregor?
It’s not likely Conor McGregor will be banned or suspended from the UFC. He didn’t face an initial suspension immediately after the bus attack, however it could still be a possibility as the legal process unfolds. But UFC president Dana White said last month he is planning to meet with McGregor to discuss a title bout with Khabib Nurmagomedov, so a suspension doesn’t seem likely at this point.
“Conor and I are going to meet in Las Vegas,” White said (via ESPN.com). “I’m pretty confident [a lightweight title fight] is a fight that Conor wants, and I’m pretty confident that is a fight Khabib wants. So yeah, I could see that happening.”
How did the UFC respond to Conor McGregor’s melee?
Immediately after the news of the bus attack, UFC president Dana White called Conor McGregor’s actions “criminal, disgusting” and sad that it “made him sick.”
“You can imagine he’s going to be sued beyond belief,” White said in April (per the Chicago Tribune). “This was a real bad career move for him. Right now? No. I mean, do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now? Do you want to chase this guy around for interviews and buy his fights. Do you?”
He added: “It’s disgusting. And I don’t think anybody is going to be huge Conor McGregor fans after this. I don’t know if he’s on drugs or what his deal is, but to come and do this and act like this?”
What has Conor McGregor done since his arraignment hearing?
Conor McGregor hasn’t done much in terms of fighting since his arraignment. He landed No. 4 on the Forbes 2018 list of the world’s highest-paid athletes. McGregor also revealed that he was supposed to fight at UFC 224 on May 12 before “something came up,” which is likely a reference to the legal problems he’s facing.