The Daytona 500 in 2018 will run on its conventional, Presidents Day weekend for the primary time in seven years.
The sixtieth operating of NASCAR’s best race is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 18 with a inexperienced flag time set for three:05 p.m. ET and TV protection on FOX.
This yr’s Daytona 500 will embrace a notable absence for the primary time in virtually 20 years, however Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not completely be lacking from the Nice American Race. Earnhardt will function the Grand Marshal for the Daytona 500, beginning the engines for the primary race of the 2018 Monster Power Cup Collection season.
Right here is all you should know because the 2018 Daytona 500 approaches.
What time does Daytona 500 begin?
- Date: Sunday, Feb. 18
- Begin time: three:05 p.m. ET
- TV channel: FOX
- Streaming: fuboTV (7-day free trial)
- Radio: MRN
The sixtieth operating of the Daytona 500 is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 18. The inexperienced flag time is about for three:05 p.m. ET.
The Daytona 500 ran on Presidents Day weekend from 1968-2011, and it returns to the weekend for its sixtieth operating. The schedule adjustment was simply certainly one of a number of for the 2018 NASCAR Monster Power Cup Collection.
“We needed to let all of our followers, companions and stakeholders find out about this date adjustment prematurely and provides them ample time to make their journey plans for ‘The Nice American Race,'” Daytona Worldwide Speedway president Chip Wile stated when the date for the 2018 race was set again in July 2016. “The sixtieth annual Daytona 500 goes to be a big milestone within the occasion’s historical past and we sit up for a particular celebration.”
FOX will broadcast the 2018 Daytona 500, with MRN offering the radio name. It can be streamed on fuboTV.
The Daytona 500 options 200 laps across the 2.5-mile superspeedway. Stage lengths for the 2018 operating of the Daytona 500 will mirror final yr’s stage lengths of 60, 60 and eighty laps.
The 2018 Daytona 500 would be the first race underneath NASCAR’s new guidelines package deal for the season — although the modifications for 2018 will not be drastic. The addition of a standard flat splitter and radiator/oil cooler (already in use at superspeedways) in 2018 will not have an effect on the Daytona 500 as a lot as the elimination of the experience peak rule will.
“In (eliminating the journey peak rule) we make a big development in liftoff velocity,” NASCAR vice chairman of innovation and racing improvement Gene Stefanyshyn stated in October, by way of NASCAR.com. “Someplace within the order of 30 mph; very, very vital.
“As we do this — we’ve had superspeedway particular shock absorbers and comes within the rear of the automotive. We will now cast off these and simply use what we’ve acquired for the opposite tracks. It type of brings all of the packages collectively.”
How a lot are Daytona 500 tickets?
Daytona Worldwide Speedway’s web site lists costs for a single 2018 Daytona 500 ticket from $ninety five as much as $230. For seats in the midst of the trioval — the most effective in the home and closest to the beginning/end line — the monitor sells two- or 4-day packages starting from $340 to $695.
In accordance to the monitor, the Daytona 500 has bought out for the previous two years since “Daytona Rising,” a $four hundred million renovation venture, was accomplished.
The secondary market for 2018 Daytona 500 tickets shouldn’t be essentially cheaper. As of the second week of January, the most cost effective single ticket on StubHub.com was $122.forty. A lifeless-middle, begin/end-line seat was listed as excessive as $1,134.
StubHub additionally had 4-day packages out there, beginning at $449.
Daytona Speedweeks schedule 2018
Thursday, Feb. 15
- eleven:35 a.m.-12:fifty five p.m.: NASCAR Tenting World Truck Collection first apply, FS1
- 2:25-three:25 p.m.: NASCAR Tenting World Truck Collection second apply, FS1
- four:35-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR Tenting World Truck Collection last follow, FS1
- 7:00 p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection Can-Am Duel 1 (60 laps, one hundred fifty miles), FS1
- 9:00 p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection Can-Am Duel 2 (60 laps, one hundred fifty miles), FS1
Friday, Feb. sixteen
- 12:05-12:fifty five p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Collection follow, FS1
- 1:05-1:fifty five p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection apply, FS1
- 2:05-2:fifty five p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Collection last follow, FS1
- three:05-three:fifty five p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection follow, FS1
- four:30 p.m.: NASCAR Tenting World Truck Collection qualifying (single car/two rounds), FS1
- 7:30 p.m. NASCAR Tenting World Truck Collection NextEra Power Assets 250 (one hundred laps, 250 miles), FS1
Saturday, Feb. 17
- 9:35 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Collection qualifying (single car/two rounds), FS1
- 12:05-12:fifty five p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection ultimate follow, FS1
- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Collection PowerShares QQQ 300 (one hundred twenty laps, 300 miles), FS1
Sunday, Feb. 18
- 2:30 p.m.: Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles), Fox